Report a Violation

Complaint Process:

Unfortunately, most complaints cannot be resolved immediately. Code enforcement must follow due process set forth by the Town of Spindale Code of Ordinances.

    • First, the violation is reported to the Code Enforcement Officer

    • The Code Enforcement must investigate to verify a violation exists

    • The Code Enforcement Officer must give notice to the owner of the premises to abate or remove such conditions within ten (10) days.

    • If the property is not in compliance after ten (10) days the Code Enforcement Officer may request bids from contractors to resolve the issue, or may pursue other options outlined by the Town Code of Ordinances.

    • All expenses incurred shall be chargeable to and paid by the owner of the property and shall be collected as taxes and levies are collected. All such related expenses shall constitute a lien against the property on which the work was done.

If you would like to report a violation, please email the Code Enforcement Officer, Ashley Harris-Norwood, at, or fill out a complaint form at Spindale Town Hall.

When filing a complaint, you must include the following information:

    • The address or location of the property

    • The reason for the complaint (tall grass, trash, junk car, etc.)

    • Your contact information